Wednesday 31 May 2023

Royal Society for the Protection of Squigs

The breeding season for the Lesser Moorsquig is short, and their habitat is threatened. So when spring arrives, the fanatical Royal Society for the Protection of Squigs leap into action to ensure a future for this most elusive of species.

One of my occasional "I'm still around, honest!" posts. It's been a poor year so far with illness and work stresses, and several things have suffered, including this hobby. I've only managed to get one game in 2023 (which I'll blog about shortly) and only painted 6 miniatures... 3 of which were an obviously rushed effort to get something done for the Odds and Sods Painting Challenge, which this month was themed "fanatical lunatics". So here are mine: goblin fanatics by Aaron Howdle protecting a classic 40k Tall Squig.

Hopefully more to come soon - not least as I'm meant to be getting ready for my trip to Gloucestershire to play The Woods in the Woods in a couple of weeks time, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Update: I was delighted to discover that this ensemble was chosen as the Judge's favourite entry for the Odds and Sods Painting Challenge for the month of May! Many thanks to them for indulging my silliness.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back. What are you going to field for the Woods tournament?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be gnomes. Working on my warband now. Still looking for one last miniature though. Will you be there too?

      Delete
    2. Sorry no, away for work

      Delete