Friday 24 December 2021

Looking back on Orctober: a goblin playground scene

My review of the year past has almost caught up with the present. I just have one more completed project I thought it would be nice to share here: my contribution to Orctober. Funnily enough I've never managed to paint anything up for Orctober before... and this year was no exception, as it didn't get finished until November.

A couple of rather old Citadel fiend factory miniatures that I inherited, paired with a more recent purchase from the Foundry:

FF65 Goblin Children crying to their FF64 Goblin Mother about having been thrown off the seesaw by Warmonger Orclings! Blue sky and clouds in the background courtesy of a painting by my son James.

I've been chatting with Warlord Paul and we're thinking of having a game (probably next Night of the Living Lead) where goblins are the good guys for a change- or at least the ones we're trying to defend. He writes: "The goblins of Little Albion are having a hard time right now. Their princess has been abducted by Lord Kraust and they are being used and abused by him as he expands his power..." A good opportunity to bring out all the weird and wonderful goblin civilian and character models... but that's for next year!

In the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas Day, and I hope Father Christmas brings you lots of presents!

4 comments:

  1. First time I have seen these miniatures. Nice something new ( or is that old). Have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! Was a fun little project. And no, I've never seen these in the wild myself before the ones I painted

      Delete
  2. Great little vignette. I recall the Gnoll family with some variants of the mother Gnoll having a luxurious moustache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked. I've seen that variant of the female gnoll on solegends! Never seen any of them in the wild though. I think that the female goblin is far and away the laziest sculpt of all of the women and children sets I've seen. The sculpts of the goblin children are great though.

      Delete